Monday, April 5, 2010

Gotham Gardens

On Saturday, my girlfriend and I started gardening for our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). The one we're apart of is very cool, if only because it's right in the middle of an urban environment. This meant that, while I was peacefully tilling the land at the CSA, I could hear the faint roar of the city in the background. Here I was, being country mouse and city mouse at the same time.

I came across this fantastic site this weekend and wanted to share it, especially after Saturday morning's experience. In a few weeks, I'll also be helping out with DotLoop for our Earth Day Volunteer Event, so I'm glad I got a few hours of experience in tilling land.

But I wanted to ask all of you agents out there: how important are urban gardens important to buyers today? Are you starting to see a change in what people moving to urban environments are looking for and/or expecting? Do more and more expect to be able to grow tomatoes from their city lofts?

It will be interesting to hear what is going on out there amongst urban buyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment